Sandarac 2.0 Varnish is a micro filtered 100% pure sandarac resin varnish with a slower drying solvent system.
Benefits of Sandarac 2.0
- A longer open time for pouring, draining and blotting. This eliminates the common far edge drying to a matte finish
- Allows for the plate to be placed flat for a minute before heating. This lets the varnish level and eliminates edge rollback lines.
- Uniform high gloss finish
- Safe solvents - Safer than the base 95% pure ethanol
- Can be used at room temperature without heating the plate before pouring
- Less sensitive to heat and humidity variations
- Easier to get good results verses a traditional all ethanol varnish
Used for Tintypes, Ambrotypes, and Glass Negatives.