Ultra Pale 2.0 - Shellac Varnish is a double carbon treated and micro filtered shellac varnish with a slower drying solvent system.
Benefits of Ultra Pale 2.0 -Shellac varnish
- A longer open time for pouring, draining and blotting. This eliminates the common far edge drying to a matte finish
- Allows for the plate to be placed flat for a minute before heating. This lets the varnish level and eliminates edge rollback lines.
- Uniform high gloss finish
- Safe solvents - Safer than the base 95% pure ethanol
- Can be used at room temperature without heating the plate before pouring
- Less sensitive to heat and humidity variations
- Easier to get good results verses a traditional all ethanol varnish
- Lightest shellac available
- Dries faster and harder than sandarac
Used for Tintypes, Ambrotypes, and Glass Negatives.